I don’t want to get into these murky waters.
我不想淌這個渾水。
0:02
We’re knee-deep in these murky waters, so prepare yourself for their mudslinging.
我們深陷這件事的泥淖中,所以你要準備好他們打的烏賊戰。
0:04
We might get into hot water with this strategy, but I say we dive in and make a splash!
這個策略可能會讓我們惹上麻煩,但我認為我們應該全心投入,大展身手!
0:05
I’m knee-deep in reports.
我忙著趕報告。
0:01
Don't mind him. He's just a mudslinger.
別理他。他只是個愛抹黑別人的人。
0:02
It's time to make a splash!
是大放異彩的時候了!
0:01
The bombshell hit them hard.
那個重磅消息對他們來說打擊很大。
0:01
The truth bomb hit him hard. Give him some time to process it and collect himself.
那個殘酷的事實對他是沉重的一擊。他需要一些時間消化,讓自己平靜下來。
0:04
This bitter lesson is hard to swallow for them. But it will fuel their drive to win.
這個慘痛的教訓對他們來說難以接受。但這會激發他們求勝的慾望。
0:04
He dropped a bombshell by announcing his departure.
他宣布離職,投下一枚震撼彈。
0:02
I need some time alone to process my feelings and collect my thoughts.
我需要一些時間獨處,來消化我的情緒和整頓思緒。
0:04
Passion is the driver that keeps me moving forward.
熱情是讓我勇往直前的動力。
0:02
We’re excited to have such a heavy hitter on our team!
我們很興奮有這樣的強者加入我們團隊!
0:02
With a heavy hitter like her on our team, we’ll corner the market and score big!
有了像她這樣的狠角色在我們團隊,我們會攻下市佔,而且大獲成功!
0:04
I am happy to help, but we should take turns doing the heavy lifting and the legwork.
我很樂意幫忙,但困難和跑腿的工作我們應該要輪流做。
0:04
They cornered their opponent.
他們把對手逼到絕境。
0:01
Please take turns speaking.
請輪流發言。
0:01
We do all the legwork and paperwork, but she never lifts a finger.
我們做所有的跑腿和文書工作,但她一根手指也沒動過。
0:04
Public opinion blew up when the news broke.
新聞爆發時,輿論炸鍋了。
0:02
As soon as the product went live, it blew up and created a lot of buzz.
產品一上線就造成轟動,掀起很大的話題。
0:03
Stop calling me names and blowing up at me! We should share the responsibility.
不要再罵我和對我發飆了!我們應該共同承擔責任。
0:04
An inside source broke the story.
一名內部人士爆料。
0:02
When will the ticket sale go live?
什麼時候開始售票?
0:01
There is a lot of buzz around the brand.
有很多關於那個品牌討論。
0:02
Name-calling has no place here.
罵人在這裡是完全不被容許的。
0:01
If we don’t get what we’re after, we’ll still be good sports.
如果我們沒有得到想要的,我們還是會保持風度。
0:03
We fell short, but let’s be good losers and come back stronger next time.
我們沒有達到預期,但我們要輸得起,下次再捲土重來。
0:04
She has always been a gracious winner. She thanked her opponent for pushing her to the runaway success.
她一直是很有風度的贏家。她感謝對手激勵她,讓她大獲全勝。
0:05
What price range are you after?
你想要的價格區間落在哪?
0:01
He fell short of the minimum standard.
他未達最低標準。
0:02
Get ready for a strong comeback!
準備好絕地大反攻!
0:01
Push yourself!
鞭策自己!
0:01
This item will be a runaway bestseller!
這個單品會賣到翻掉!
0:02
When will the result come out? I hope it goes our way.
什麼時候結果會揭曉?希望會如我們所願。
0:02
When things don’t go your way, don’t lose heart.
事情不如意的時候,不要灰心。
0:02
Yesterday’s meeting was nail-biting, but thankfully everything came out better than expected.
昨天的會議很緊張,但幸好最後結果比預期的好。
0:04
The outcome will be a nail-biter.
結果會很刺激緊張。
0:01
You need to come out of your shell. We won’t bite.
你要大方一點,不要害羞。我們人很好的。
0:02
He won’t bite. He is very open to feedback.
不用怕他。他很樂於接受意見反饋。
0:02
In addition to all the catering, speeches, and whatnot, we need you to organize the venue for the conference.
除了所有外燴餐飲、演講什麼的,我們還要你安排會議的場地。
0:05
Make sure the coffee, cookies, and whatnot are in good supply. First impressions count.
務必確保咖啡、餅乾之類的東西份量充足。第一印象很重要。
0:05
He promised to narrow the gap between the haves and have-nots. I hope he will deliver.
他發誓要縮小富有與貧困的人之間的差距。我希望他會兌現承諾。
0:04
The raw material is in short supply.
原料短缺。
0:02
Details count.
細節很重要。
0:01
He failed to deliver on his promise.
他沒有兌現承諾。
0:02
You need to deliver on your word.
你必須說話算話。
0:01
I am not a yes-person. I am not afraid to give constructive criticism.
我不是那種唯唯諾諾的人。我不害怕提出有建設性的批評。
0:04
I took her criticism well. I prefer a straight shooter to a yes-person.
我欣然接受她的批評指教。比起唯唯諾諾的人,我更喜歡有話直說的人。
0:04
He’s such a naysayer. He picks holes in all of our ideas and shoots them down.
他真是個愛唱反調的人。他在我們的想法中雞蛋裡挑骨頭,然後把它們一一否決。
0:04
OK. I take your point. Let’s discuss this further.
好,我明白你的意思。我們再進一步討論。
0:03
Feel free to pick holes in my logic.
儘管來找我邏輯的破綻。
0:02
Let’s clarify the facts and shoot down the rumors.
我們來澄清事實,粉碎謠言。
0:02
Did you catch the fireworks between them during the meeting?
你有看到會議上他們之間的唇槍舌戰嗎?
0:02
Our action plan backfired, resulting in unexpected fireworks during the meeting.
我們的行動方案適得其反,在會議中爆發了意想不到的火藥味。
0:04
The fireworks between us were short-lived but our trust is ever-lasting.
我們之間的火花很短暫,但是信任是歷久不衰的。
0:04
Being a fence-sitter will backfire on you.
當牆頭草會讓你得到反效果。
0:03
It’s important to keep up with the ever-changing market trends.
跟上瞬息萬變的市場趨勢很重要。
0:03
I am not a fair-weather friend. I’ll support you, rain or shine.
我不是那種會見風轉舵的朋友。無論刮風下雨,我都會支持你。
0:04
We need to brainstorm ways to turn fair-weather customers into loyal-to-the-bone brand advocates.
我們需要一起腦力激盪,想方法把一時來撿便宜的顧客轉變成忠心耿耿的品牌擁護者。
0:05
Don’t clam up. Just let the conversation flow and soon you'll be buddy-buddy with the crew.
不要不敢開口。就讓對話自然而然進行下去,很快你就會和團隊拉近距離了。
0:05
I don’t have the exact answer on hand but I can make an educated guess.
我手邊沒有確切答案,但我可以做一個有根據的推測。
0:04
I’d like to hear your insights. What’s your educated guess on the next big thing in the industry?
我想聽聽你的見解。你推測這個產業接下來的趨勢是什麼?
0:05
She is a learned educator and forward-thinking figure. I am forever grateful to her.
她是一位學識淵博的教育家,也是高瞻遠矚的人物。我感激她一輩子。
0:04
There is no hard-and-fast rule so use your own judgment.
沒有硬性規定,所以你自行判斷。
0:02
There is no need to stick to hard-and-fast guidelines. I trust you to make judicious decisions when necessary.
不需要堅守死板的指導方針。我相信你在必要的時候可以做出明智的決定。
0:06
It’s only a quick-and-dirty fix. I am working on a more polished solution.
這只是個暫時急就章的辦法。我現在正在著手把解決方案弄得更完善。
0:04
You are asking for the moon. You can't have your cake and eat it too.
你的要求太過分了。魚與熊掌不可兼得。
0:03
He is angling for an all-inclusive plan while eyeing a budget-friendly price. He is clearly trying to have his cake and eat it too.
他試圖想爭取全包方案,又肖想要不傷荷包的價格。很明顯他想要兩全其美。
0:07
With healthy competition, we can all have a slice of the cake. Let’s make it big together!
在良性競爭下,我們都可以分得一杯羹。我們一起賺大錢吧!
0:05
I expect everyone to work hard. No free rides allowed!
我期望每個人都能努力工作。沒有白吃的午餐!
0:03
We value teamwork so we don’t want any free riders here. Please do not dump your work on others.
我們很重視團隊合作,所以我們這裡不要不勞而獲的人。請不要把工作丟給別人。
0:05
When the budget cut hit our team, it was a bumpy ride at first. But we managed to finish our project with smart workarounds.
當我們團隊遭逢預算削減時,一開始很波折。但我們想方設法用聰明的變通方式完成了專案。
0:07
Sure, money talks sometimes but spiritual wealth is priceless.
當然,金錢有時很管用,但是精神財富是無價的。
0:03
You really think money talks so we should just throw money at this issue? We need smarter solutions, not deeper pockets.
你真的認為錢能解決一切,我們應該撒錢解決這個事情嗎?我們需要的是更聰明的解決方案,而不是更多資金。
0:07
I hope he will put his money where his mouth is. No more empty promises or big talk.
我希望他會兌現承諾。不要再開空頭支票,或是說大話了。
0:04
If he ghosts you, then he isn't worth your time.
如果他故意人間蒸發,那他就不值得你浪費時間。
0:02
When something is on your mind, speak up. Ghosting your co-workers reflects poorly on your professional image.
你有心事的時候,要說出來。對同事不理不睬有損你的專業形象。
0:05
He felt I was finding fault with him and has since looked right through me. But my conscience is clear.
他覺得我在找他碴,從此就把我當空氣了。但我問心無愧。
0:04
Wow, you really put up a good fight and stood strong till the end.
哇,你真是打了一場漂亮的仗,奮力拚到最後一刻。
0:03
It was an uphill battle but we put up a good fight. We should hold our heads high.
這是一場硬仗,但是我們努力打得很漂亮。我們應該抬頭挺胸,為自己感到驕傲。
0:04
He likes to pick a fight over every little thing on the internet. I decided to channel all that ill feeling into advancing my personal growth.
他每件小事都想要在網路上引戰。我決定要將這些怨氣轉化為個人成長的動力。
0:07
It feels amazing to be the titleholder. I am ready for new challenges.
成為冠軍的感覺太讚了。我準備好迎接新挑戰了。
0:03
They used to be the underdog in every game, and now they are the titleholder. Their efforts have paid off in a big way.
曾經他們在每場比賽都屈居劣勢,而現在他們是冠軍。他們的努力獲得了很大的回報。
0:06
I won’t allow entitled customers to mistreat my staff and I stand by my word.
我不會允許奧客欺壓我的員工,我說話算話。
0:04
Let’s ping-pong some ideas over coffee!
我們來喝杯咖啡討論一些想法吧!
0:02
Can I pick your brain on something? I am stuck on this task and I think we could ping-pong some ideas to find a workable solution.
我可以跟你請教一些事情嗎?這個工作我遇到問題卡住了,我覺得我們可以討論一些想法,找到可行的解決方案。
0:07
Did you catch that backhanded compliment from him? I just laughed it off.
你有聽到他那個明褒暗貶的評論嗎?我就一笑置之。
0:04
When he heard his project was axed, he just stormed out of the office.
他聽到計劃被腰斬時,很生氣地衝出辦公室。
0:03
He couldn’t contain his anger any longer and stormed out of the heated meeting.
他再也克制不住憤怒,氣急敗壞地衝出氣氛火爆的會議。
0:03
I have a schedule conflict. Do you mind if I slip out early for an urgent meeting that just popped up?
我時間衝突了。我可以提早溜出去參加一個剛冒出來的緊急會議嗎?
0:05
What is your surefire tip for handling a heavy workload?
你處理繁重工作量的絕招是什麼?
0:03
Armed with this surefire plan, we now have a golden opportunity to pioneer new research.
有了這個萬無一失的計畫,我們現在有個開拓新研究的大好機會。
0:06
Our initial plan misfired. We need to pool our best talents together to come up with a winning formula.
我們最初的計畫失敗了。我們必須把我們最優秀的人才聚集在一起,找到一個致勝法。
0:06
If we fall behind, it will be on your head.
如果我們進度落後了,這筆帳就要算在你頭上。
0:02
If things don’t work out, it won’t be on your head. As a tight-knit team, we have each other’s backs.
如果事情不成功,不會怪在你頭上。我們是關係緊密的團隊,會互相撐腰。
0:05
We’re trying to break into a new market so there’s a lot on my shoulders now. I’ll prove the naysayers wrong.
我們正試圖要打入新市場,所以我現在身負重任。我會證明那些唱衰的人是錯的。
0:05
We’re really starting to feel the heat now!
我們現在真的開始感覺壓力山大了!
0:02
She kept drilling into us the importance of meeting our targets, and we all felt the heat. It is clear that underdelivering isn’t an option.
她不斷耳提面命我們達標的重要性,讓我們都感到壓力很大。很明顯沒有達標是不行的。
0:08
I am not an argumentative person, but I just snapped in the heat of the moment. However, I quickly cooled off and that’s behind us now.
我不是個愛吵架的人,但我一時激動理智線就斷了。不過我很快就冷靜下來,我們也已經釋懷了。
0:07
Mastering this skill will be your passport to new opportunities.
掌握這項技能可以讓你擁有新的機會。
0:03
While technical know-how is essential, don’t overlook the benefits of networking. Leveling up your networking skills could be your passport to once-in-a-lifetime opportunities.
專業技能固然重要,但不要輕忽拓展人脈的好處。提升拓展人際關係的能力,可能會讓你獲得難能可貴的機會。
0:09
I believe upskilling is the ticket to personal and professional growth. In this ever-changing world, we must have a lifelong learning mindset.
個人與專業領域成長的不二法門。在這個瞬息萬變的世界,我們一定要有終身學習的思維。
0:07
He flip-flops on his decisions all the time.
他的決定總是變來變去。
0:02
I thought we were all set to go with the plan we agreed on, but he flip-flopped on his decision again. It feels like we’re just going around in circles.
我以為我們已經準備好要照商量好的計畫走了,但是他又改變主意了。感覺我們只是在兜圈子而已。
0:07
The presentation totally flopped and all we got was blank stares, but that just means there's room for improvement. We will regroup and come back stronger next time.
簡報完全失敗了,大家的反應很冷淡,但這只是代表還有進步的空間。我們會重振旗鼓,下次會強勢回歸。
0:08
He clearly wasn't thinking straight when he put you down like that.
他把你罵成那樣時,很明顯是頭腦沒想清楚。
0:02
That put-down was too heavy-handed and you were right to call him on it. Your hard work speaks for itself.
他講的那個難聽的話太重了,你直接跟他對質是正確的。你的努力不證自明。
0:06
I’ve already put my name down for the upcoming training course. As a self-starter, I’m always on the lookout for ways to better my skills.
我已經報名了接下來的培訓課程。身為一個自動自發的人,我總是在尋找提升技能的方法。
0:08
We need to budget carefully. The overhead is rising.
我們必須小心編預算。經常性開銷正在上漲。
0:03
I am responsible for holding the purse strings. I will review our overhead expenses and see if there are any areas that we can tighten up.
我負責掌管財務。我會仔細檢查我們的經常性開銷的花費,看有沒有什麼可以緊縮的地方。
0:07
If you ever feel like you are getting the runaround, feel free to go over your manager’s head and speak to me. I’m just a phone call away.
如果你覺得問題被推託沒有得到解決,歡迎跳過你經理來找我。只要打一通電話就可以找到我。
0:06
Don't forget to give yourself a pat on the back for all the progress you've made!
別忘了為你自己的進步拍拍手!
0:03
The boss gave me a big pat on the back for successfully making peace with that difficult client, but I was just doing my part as a team member.
老闆因為我成功與那個難搞的客戶和解大大讚美我一番,但我只是在盡我身為團隊成員的本分。
0:08
When we pressed him for a solution, he just gave us a pat answer. We learned an important lesson from this: self-reliance is our best friend.
我們逼他給出一個解決方案時,他只給我們一個敷衍的制式回答。我們從中學到了很重要的一課:自立自強很重要。
0:09
I have reservations about the timeline. It'll burn us out.
我對時間表有疑慮。它會把我們累壞。
0:03
I have reservations about their practices. They are not very forthcoming about where they source the products.
我對於他們的做法抱持懷疑的態度。他們不太願意透露產品來源。
0:05
I have misgivings about rushing into making a deal with them. I think we should put it on hold until they perfect the product.
我對於貿然與他們達成交易有疑慮。我認為我們應該在他們把產品做到盡善盡美之前,暫時先把它擱置。
0:06
What do you consider your biggest achievement in office?
你認為你在任內最大的成就是什麼呢?
0:03
The outgoing CEO wasn’t just all talk and no action. He introduced a new compensation system that completely shook things up during his time in office.
即將卸任的CEO不是光說不練的人。他在任期內引進了一個徹底翻轉局面的新薪資制度。
0:07
She is an amazing person to be in company with. When we are overloaded with work, she always has the magic touch to turn stress into productivity.
有她相伴很棒。當我們工作量超過負荷時,她總是有超能力可以將壓力轉化為生產力。
0:08
Before you make any changes, please run it by me first.
在你做任何更動之前,請先來問我意見。
0:02
I know you’d rather go it alone but you need to run everything by him first. So don’t forget to loop him in.
我知道你寧願自己做,但你所有事情都必須要先徵得他的同意。所以不要忘了通知他最新情況。
0:05
Could you run those numbers by me again? Maybe there’s a misunderstanding on my part, but there seems to be a mix-up somewhere.
你可以再跟我講一次那些數字嗎?可能是我自己誤會了,但好像有哪裡搞錯了。
0:06
She is a loving person with a heart of gold.
她是很有愛心又心地善良的人。
0:02
She is a powerhouse in the industry with excellent professionalism and foresight. She’s also one of the most loving people you’ll meet.
她是業界的強人,擁有卓越的專業精神和遠見。她同時也會是你見過最有愛心的人之一。
0:07
I am drawn to her loving and caring personality. She makes a lasting impression on everyone with her positive energy and good nature.
我被她有愛心又會照顧人的個性所吸引。她的正能量和好個性讓每個人都留下深刻的印象。
0:08
Stop pushing me to accept his empty apology!
不要再逼我接受他沒誠意的道歉!
0:03
Don’t say I didn’t warn you, this hardball approach might damage morale.
別說我沒警告過你喔,這個強硬的手段可能會打擊士氣。
0:04
I feel at home analyzing data.
我對分析數據很有把握。
0:02
We should make sweeping changes to how things are run here.
我們應該大刀闊斧改變這裡的管理方式。
0:03
We’re a bit shaken but thankfully we’re all safe and sound.
我們有點受到驚嚇,但幸好我們都安然無恙。
0:04
I don’t want to use underhanded tactics to win.
我不想用不正大光明的手段來獲勝。
0:02
This product will make or break the company.
這項產品將決定公司的成敗。
0:03
You can put this behind you and start a new chapter in your life.
你可以放下這件事,開始人生的新篇章。
0:03
I don't mind playing second fiddle as long as we succeed.
只要我們能成功,我不介意只是擔任從旁輔助的角色。
0:03
We need to do a 180 on our priorities.
我們必須對優先順位進行180度的調整。
0:02
Things are starting to take shape. Keep up the good work everyone!
一切都開始逐漸成形了。大家繼續加油!
0:02
Alright, I won't argue with you anymore. You have the final word.
好啦,我不要再跟你吵了。你說了算。
0:03
This game-changing product is a quantum leap for us.
這個顛覆性產品對我們來說是一項創舉。
0:03
She is a philanthropist with a big heart. I admire her a lot.
她是個心胸寬大的慈善家。我非常仰慕她。
0:04
We decided to zero in on our core business.
我們決定要專注於核心事業。
0:03
Don't let them drag your name through the mud.
不要讓他們抹黑你。
0:02
Believe in yourself. A positive attitude will go a long way.
相信你自己。正面樂觀的心態對你會有莫大的幫助。
0:04
With her in the equation, the project will definitely go ahead smoothly.
有了她的加入,計劃一定會順利進行。
0:05
Although I don't know what lies ahead, I have a good feeling about this year.
雖然我不知道未來會發生什麼事,但我覺得今年會有好事發生。
0:04
If you ask me, our chance of losing the bid is wafer-thin.
要我說的話,我們競標失利的可能性微乎其微。
0:04
You don't need to name-drop to convince people how brilliant you are.
你不需要靠打著大人物的名號來說服別人你有多優秀。
0:03
I don't want to back-pedal on my stance just to fit in.
我不想要為了融入大家就改變我的立場。
0:02
It's a highly sought-after skill so you'll be able to pick and choose where you work.
這是非常搶手的技能,所以你可以挑選你要在哪裡工作。
0:04
Can you fill me in on the ins and outs of this technique?
你可以告訴我這個技術的細節嗎?
0:02
The deal-breaker is their lack of flexibility in pricing.
交易破局的原因是他們在定價上缺乏彈性。
0:03
She's an up-and-coming entrepreneur. I see a bright future ahead of her.
她是大有可為的創業家。在我看來,她前途一片光明。
0:03
Do you want me to spell out the procedure step by step for you?
你要我把流程一個步驟一個步驟詳細解釋給你聽嗎?
0:03
Bricks-and-mortar stores are still going strong in our industry.
實體店在我們這個行業還是蒸蒸日上。
0:03
I'd like to thank all the unsung heroes and heroines behind this success.
我想要感謝這次成功背後所有的無名英雄和女英雄。
0:05
Ignore him. He's such a Monday-morning quarterback.
別理他。他只會事後出一張嘴批評。
0:03
You should touch on your customers' pain points in the abstract.
你應該要在摘要裡稍微提到顧客的痛點。
0:03
I will bring my A-game to the team!
我在團隊會全力以赴!
0:02